Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Pins and Needles

Hi All,

Not exactly sure what to say here but I am waving todays choice of weapon - needles - in hopes someone sees me. I have not touched knitting since I was about 10 years old.

I moved to London with my career 5 months ago and it is so true what they say about London being the loneliest place if you don't know anyone. Although there are random crazy people you can chat to at the tube stations if you feel so inclined.

My housemate gave me a book called '1000 things to do in London' for Christmas and one of them suggested knitting. I laughed and thought why not.

So after scurrying along to a pretty cool shop last night (I Knit London) I came home armed with needles, wool, a pattern and big ideas.

The big ideas are on the shelf right now though while I knit a scarf ... standard starting place I guess.

Perched on the sofa last night and had amazed myself as I started remembering things from years ago ... why can't I remember things from last week?

My two housemates were eyeing me with caution as I got started and then both placed an order ..... they seem to think I will have it done by this weekend. Ha !!

So ...... short version of all that is ..... I'm knitting again and since I crashed my old blog I thought I'd start a new one here!!

1 comment:

  1. And now I know how old you are! Younger than me (of course).

    ReplyDelete